Camp Ak-O-Mak is a beautiful rustic swimming camp north of Toronto where it’s all about the true outdoor experience and where your child will practice in an unplugged, technology-free environment. It offers the best in swimming, with an “all girls” program for both competitive and recreational swimming levels.
Girls will spend their summer participating in a life-changing cultural experience with campers and staff from all over the world. This gives them the opportunity to make life long friendships with girls from different cities and countries and fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and inclusivity.
Top 5 Reasons to Sign Your Daughter Up for Camp Ak-O-Mak
1. We were the world’s first swim and sports camp for girls.
2. Your daughter will improve her swimming in a refreshing environment in 50 & 25 meter pools built right into a beautiful lake. She’ll experience the enjoyment of swim practice under the summer sun surrounded by the breathtaking scenery of Northern Ontario and Lake Ahmic.
3. Being a member of the Ak-O-Mak community of competitive and open water swimmers since 1928.
4. Open water swimming will increase endurance, stroke rate, pace and mental strength. In addition to swimming 2-3 times per day your child will have the opportunity to participate in paddling and field sports, including everything from softball, tennis and fencing, to yoga, self defense and trail running. She will end her summer days feeling rejuvenated, healthy, fit and, most importantly, she will feel a genuine sense of how her body and mind are completely interconnected.
5. More than just swimming, your daughter can try a “tri”
One of the best parts about the Camp Ak-O-Mak summer experience is the opportunity to train for and participate in a triathlon. Triathlon training/instruction is coached by national and world-class competitors. Your daughter can join in and participate in triathlons in North Bay, Barrie and Parry Sound.
The countdown is on to your daughters’ best swim summer camp experience ever! Let the games begin, click here to register today!