Close Up 2015
What a terrific summer we had at Camp Ak-O-Mak this year! "Thank you" to each and every one of you, campers, counsellors, CIT's, Coaches and of course, our amazing Chefs, for making this the best year ever! The weeks literally flew by, but now it is time to put our dear Ak-O-Mak to bed for the winter.
You Know It's The End Of Summer At Ak-O-Mak When…
1. The lane lines areoutof the pools and the nets removed from the fields and courts.
2. The coaching docks are carefully stacked on shore. Thefloating docksand diving tower are moved to the quiet waters by Sandy Beach.
3. The sail boats are stashed in the lean-to for winter.
4. The kayaks and war canoes are systematicallystoredin the boathouse.
5. The cabins and HOPS are empty and cleaned.
6. The orange and green canoes are nestled together in the Main House.
7. The entire kitchen is deep-cleaned and everything wrapped in plastic.
8. Every pipe is drained of water, every toilet bailed, and every washing machine winterized with anti-freeze for the winter.
But most of all, WEknow it is the end of camp when….
1. The belly-laughter, skinny-dip-screaming and splashing no longer echoacross the bayfrom the water polo dock.
2. We no longer hear the"CREEAAK-SLAM"of doors along the cabin line.
3. The Main House bell and the oogah fallsilent.
When you girls leave camp,the ensuingsilence completely changes Ak-O-Mak. It's as though her very soul sleeps and the surrounding wilderness nestles in closer for her safe-keeping…asithas done for 88 years.