Get the latest camp news and program information!
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO CAMP AK-O-MAK:
Distance from Toronto – approximately 185 miles to Ak-O-Mak….3.5 hours (max).
Western Route: Hwy 400 N./69 N. to 124 East to Camp
Take Hwy. 401 to 400 N. towards Barrie.
- Just after Barrie, continue on 400 North (formerly 69 North), towards Parry Sound.
- Just beyond Parry Sound exit will be Hwy. 124. Turn Right/East off exit ramp to Sundridge. Pass through towns of Waubamik, McKellar and Dunchurch.
- Exit RIGHT onto Ahmic Street, into Ahmic Harbour. Follow road to Ahmic Lake Rd. (1 st major right turn), with Ak-O-Mak sign on top of street signs. Turn Right.
- Follow winding road to Ak-O-Mak Rd. After BIG hill, Ak-O-Mak sign will mark left turn onto camp road (Concession 6 & 7 Rd.). Follow camp road all the way through to Main House.
Eastern Route: Hwy 400 N. to 11 N. to 520 West to 124 W to Camp
- Take Hwy. 401 to 400 N. towards Barrie.
- Just after Barrie, continue on 400 N to turn off for Hwy. 11 North.
- Take Hwy. 11 North to Burks Falls.
- Exit Right into Burks Falls. Drive through town and take a sharp LEFT turn just beyond the bridge.
- Follow this road – Hwy. 520 – into Magnetawan.
- Turn RIGHT in downtown Magnetawan. Follow for approximately 2 miles.
- Turn LEFT onto Hwy. 124 at the Bait/Tackle Shop. Take 124 West into Ahmic Harbour.
- Turn Left onto George Street, into Ahmic Harbour. Pass gas station on right.
- Take NEXT available left after gas station. This is Ahmic Lake Road.
- Follow winding road to Ak-O-Mak. After BIG hill, Ak-O-Mak sign will mark left turn onto camp road (Concession 6 & 7 Rd.). Follow camp road all the way through to Main House.